What is IT Support? Why do you need your IT supporting?
The phrase is almost a cliché – “IT Support”, but why are there companies even offering it? Computers are simpler these days, with Microsoft Windows and Applications being easier to use than ever. Very often we talk to smaller companies who have been using a “friend of a friend” or “the brother in-law” to set up and maintain their business network and by and large, they work. Sort of.
You may well be in the same situation; things generally work on a day to day basis but you have a number of small, recurring niggles that just don’t seem to want to go away. On top of that, very occasionally, the whole Network freezes up and things need to be turned on and off. Your individual position might not be exactly like this, but you know where we’re coming from.
Things to look for in a good IT Support Company;
- Make sure the staff are friendly, approachable, patient, and tech-savvy! Are they happy to listen to your problems?
- Ideally, you want an IT Support Company who take a holistic view; so many times people focus on “putting out the fires” rather than removing the kindling!
- Look for multiple ways to contact a firm! Avoid firms who insist on email only, for example. You should always be able to talk to someone if you need to.
- Whatever anyone says, cost is ALWAYS a factor. As long as you’re getting great service and the other boxes are ticked, why should you pay through the nose for it? A good company will respect your budgets and work with you to ensure that they are met.
- Avoid firms that only have one solution – these companies are very often highly biased and so cannot possibly give you good advice. You need impartial advice, rather than being “sold” a solution that is being made to fit a problem it wasn’t designed for.
We wish you good luck in your search! Of course, if you would like to know more about what WE can do for you, please feel free to call on 01302 540280 or hit the Contact Us page – whichever route you take, you’ll quickly learn that we’re a friendly, attentive and knowledgeable bunch!